play.vindexcraft.net
Main Forum
Page
of 3

Bringing back Mayors! + Idea to go with Mayors.

21 replies
Votes:
+560
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Donator
SWAT
Verified Member

Feature:
(Viridis)
Bringing back Mayors!
(Mayor of Seawall, Mayor of Downtown, Mayor of uptown, Mayor of southside, Mayor of Gallifrey, Mayor of Westhedge and Mayor of Addersfield)

And adding a Council for each part of Vindex City.

Feature Description:

Bringing back Mayors,
What will they do? :
Manage each section of Vindex City they own, bring ideas to lower crime rate and make the people that live there more happier. And contribute with the house of representatives with ideas and stuff and laws and stuff etc and working with the Viridis Governor.
Permissions? :
Dragon shall decide if he likes this idea.
Tag? :

[mayorof<section of vindex city>]
/
[mayor]
/
[<section of vindex city>mayor]

----

The President and Viridis Governor will watch over all the Mayors in viridis.

---

Council,

Each section of the Vindex city will have a council, ran by the Mayor of that section, and the Viridis governor will oversee each council to eliminate corruption within the council that actually has corruption.

The purpose of the Council is to have a professional team to side with the Mayor and making ideas and helping restore and keep clean the section of the vindex city that the Mayor is mayor of.

Every member of the council will be chosen by the Mayor and either denied/accepted by the Governor to pass actually being a member of the council.
The person chosen must be 1 month crime free.

Though this might be difficult to organize and manage and possibly not enough people fit for office it is up to dragon whether or whether not to add this.

What will adding or removing this feature help with?
Adding more realism and opening more opportunities for people to become more popular and manage vindex's streets better.

Note, this is the most undetailed feature request that i have made yet because of how tired i am rn ;/. And I am only making this by request. And also everyone please comment suggestions and stuff to add to this idea!

yes
14 votes
60.9%
no
6 votes
26.1%
maybe (I don't honestly care answer)
3 votes
13%
Number of voters: 23
Poll is closed
7A95B293278876D374494170199981912.gif
5wJJrTj.jpg
Posted Apr 15, 18 · OP
Disagree
List
Undo
Votes:
+2,268
Level 10
LEVEL 10
1 Year
Donator
Verified Member
wrote:
wrote:
The job was removed for a reason.. Governors are now a thing, and its fine.
If this job was added, it would take even more away from departments like the DHHS and VPD, whos all good personnel has left to useless jobs, which could easily be incorperated into S.W.A.T, Police, or Navy/Army such as VIA, HMX, FBI, GuardCaptain, DeputyDeputyDeputyoftheDeputy, etc.

Screw it, I'm going to say it, I may be completely wrong but from what I've seen, this is the truth: I think people are ok with adding these useless appointed jobs because its new, and simply because its a "appointed" only job.

It's like back in 1st grade, when there is a new kid in your school, you get curious about them and are excited to have a new dude in the class.

I feel like thats the same scenario with jobs, for example, this is probably the mindset of someone wanting to add a new useless perm job: "Ooohh, a new appointed job, I don't care how useless it is, it's appointable! and NEW!, add it!!!!111!!!"

I want people to come to the realization that we don't need these jobs. We need to simplify the VPD from all these codes and thingy mcgiggers, and remove jobs like the VIA, HMX, etc and get them back in the departments. HMX can easily be incorperated into the army/navy. VIA duties can easily be incorporated into S.W.A.T.

Vindex is based off the US, but it obviously isnt as populated. Irl these jobs serve a purpose, because the population is plentiful, but we gotta simplify our jobs. Your excuse may be: "These jobs create realism" Well my response is that its too much realism for vindex. Vindex's active population is like 100-200, and that isnt enough to support these mini jobs.

I'm probably about to be showered with dislikes
I do not support appointed only jobs, i support elected jobs. I do not support new useless jobs, or useless jobs in general. I also beleive Mayors should be Elected, just like representatives. Im not saying your blaming me of this, but im just stating this to you and to anyone who decides to read this comment. I truly believe that Mayors will be useful just like Governors are.
And you are 100% true, but going back to my point of population and simplification, our population can't simply have that. Just implement mayor duties onto governor. Ik adding mayors gives more realism, but again, it's too much realism for the server to handle. the US has mayors because they are heavily populated, but VC has a little population, adding more jobs that can be implemented into other jobs is useless.
56sq7Ow.pngsuT3bC6.png
Posted Apr 17, 18
Votes:
+909
Level 9
LEVEL 9
Media Figure
3 Years
wrote:
what we need is a mayor of fort Bragg, that military base is too F@ck!ng large to not be its own city
Pearl Harbor is bigger
I'm bigger
SuB_Dawson, The man of the cringe worthy YouTube content. first media figure.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvg2bbfDxm-310YzfdsnGeg?view_as=subscriber Subscribe!

PM of Corland
Posted Apr 17, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+560
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Donator
SWAT
Verified Member
Can a forum moderator please lock this thread? please, thanks.

And is it me or do moderators just listen to people that are important and ignore people like me?
7A95B293278876D374494170199981912.gif
5wJJrTj.jpg
Posted Apr 18, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Page
of 3
Top Posters
6465 Posts
6009 Posts
5809 Posts
5314 Posts