Votes:
+356
Level 4
LEVEL 4
3 Years
Donator
Congressman
Verified Member
Hello, I am Congressman Douglas C. MacArthur and I have come here to bring the proposed constitution (I'm a co-author of it) to the people. With a president and administration who want to bring back democracy and a constitution, its time we act on that. So, me and Congressman Corona drafted up a constitution that I believe can faithfully bring our nation back from the depths of a dictatorship.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HZ_kzCpHT2nNsNbWmmMiiSuLXA1NwUgqm9-X2KLj2XE/edit?usp=sharing

(Invite link to the Constitution Draft)

Please comment below any thoughts, questions, or feedback on the constitution and I will try my best to respond to it.
93db385a371c1d9238b813c34b8bff42.png

Current Congressman
3 Term Representative
(FMR) Chief of Staff to Vice President Britannia
Posted Apr 15, 19 · OP · Last edited Apr 15, 19 by DouglasMac...
Informativ...
Disagree
List
Undo
Votes:
+7,249
Level 10
LEVEL 10
Former Moderator
3 Years
Donator
Former President
Verified Member
In my opinion, democracy doesn't work here. A dictatorship with a great leader can make a better nation.

ugyzVkV.png.

Posted Apr 15, 19
Agree
Dislike
Disagree
List
Undo
Votes:
+606
Level 6
LEVEL 6
1 Year
Donator
Doctor
LtJuniorGrade
Congressman
Verified Member
wrote:
In my opinion, democracy doesn't work here. A dictatorship with a great leader can make a better nation.
Thing is, we don’t have the right great leader. You were good. Wire wasn’t. Gooey was good. I feel that after laws were quite literally deleted off of congress forums without a vote or anything, we need a regulating document.
this is concerning
Posted Apr 15, 19
Informativ...
List
Undo
Votes:
+113
Level 3
LEVEL 3
1 Year
Donator
Verified Member
VN is an empire/monarchy, not a republic, you might want to amend the Constitution to reflect that.
Posted Apr 15, 19
Votes:
+1,602
Level 10
LEVEL 10
2 Years
Donator
Governor
Verified Member
Line of succession looks pretty messed up, concerned that VIADIR is below AG, Treasury and State Secretaries

also make homosexuality illegal :detective:
Michael T. Ultimate - GOVERNOR OF VIRIDIS - CEO of Ultimate Industries
bgrvtNh.png

Join the Viridis State discord to stay in touch with all state government events and projects!
Seriously, don't you live here? | https://discord.gg/akqq2s9
Posted Apr 15, 19
Votes:
+356
Level 4
LEVEL 4
3 Years
Donator
Congressman
Verified Member
wrote:
Line of succession looks pretty messed up, concerned that VIADIR is below AG, Treasury and State Secretaries

The line of succession is meant to refer to the positions that can accurately fulfill the needs of President. So, AG being up there due to usually being able to meet the demands of law enforcement. Secretary positions due to their own departments and impact on the nation as a whole. We will consider having the VIADIR higher in the chain though.

Current Congressman
3 Term Representative
Posted Apr 15, 19 · OP
Votes:
+59
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Representative
Verified Member
Wish I could've been more involved in the writing, but you know darn well I will support this and rally up support for it within the next week.
f291383982a56af33ccbcad422083d4f.png
-Former VPD Lieutenant
-Current Representative
Posted Apr 15, 19
Votes:
+356
Level 4
LEVEL 4
3 Years
Donator
Congressman
Verified Member
wrote:
VN is an empire/monarchy, not a republic, you might want to amend the Constitution to reflect that.

We are still a Democratic Republic through the exams and officially. If you're referring to Dragon being the Emperor, that doesn't really worry me. He's the owner of the server and holds omnipotent power, the idea he just adds a tag to it is not what I'd prefer but doesn't change anything.

Current Congressman
3 Term Representative
Posted Apr 15, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+1,602
Level 10
LEVEL 10
2 Years
Donator
Governor
Verified Member
wrote:

The line of succession is meant to refer to the positions that can accurately fulfill the needs of President. So, AG being up there due to usually being able to meet the demands of law enforcement. Secretary positions due to their own departments and impact on the nation as a whole. We will consider having the VIADIR higher in the chain though.
That doesn't change the fact that on vindex, people with more credibility and intelligence are still appointed to ranks such as VIADIR, SECDEF, VP, etc.
Just because we have these jobs doesn't mean they share the same meaning as they do outside of the real world, Most 'secretaries' on vindex just overlook other players below them or manage information. The line of succession in the previous constitution was better.
Michael T. Ultimate - GOVERNOR OF VIRIDIS - CEO of Ultimate Industries
bgrvtNh.png

Join the Viridis State discord to stay in touch with all state government events and projects!
Seriously, don't you live here? | https://discord.gg/akqq2s9
Posted Apr 15, 19
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
Banned users
Constitution?

Sounds good, doesn't work.
-Former Bankguard (Served Two Months)
-Former Doctor (Served One Month)
-Former Representative & Permanent Congressman (Served Nine Months)
-Former Surgeon & VHD Trainer (Served Two Months)
-Former EMS Chief (Served Three Months (As Chief), Eight Months as EMS.)
-Former Sergeant in the VPD (Served for one month.)
-Former Jr. Agent in the Secret Service (Served for two weeks.)
-Current Station Officer in the VFD for the Downtown Alpha Fire Station (since 2/24/2019.)
-Current member of the Executive Ethics Committee (since the fourth day of January, 2019.)
-Current Chief of Staff to the Vice-President & Adviser to the Vice-President (since 2/25/2019.)
-Current Holder of the Fourth (Known) Highest Killstreak on Vindexcraft Within Viridis (44 kills.)
Posted Apr 15, 19
Disagree
List
Undo
Top Posters
6464 Posts
6155 Posts
5388 Posts
5371 Posts
5043 Posts
NoticeNotices