Article 1: Definitions
Section 1- Perjury is defined as presenting false information in any of the following cases:
1. When testifying in the Vindex Nation Federal Court.
2. When testifying before the Vindex Nation House of Representatives.
3. When giving an official, consented testimony to any government figure or department.
4. When being questioned/interviewed by the Executive Office of the President of Vindex Nation.
5. When being interviewed or interrogated by the Vindex Intelligence Agency
6. When being interviewed or interrogated by the Department of Justice.
7. When being interviewed or interrogated by the Department of Defense.
8. When being interviewed by the Secret Service.
Section 2- In order to be considered as an official testimony or interview, the following conditions must be met.
Clause 1- For all cases, the following oath must be taken by the person testifying: “I do solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.” At least one federal judge must be present to witness this oath.
Clause 2- For cases 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, the interview/interrogation must be approved by the respective department leaders, which are defined in Sub-Clause 1.
Sub-Clause 1- The following are defined department leaders who may authorize interrogations for their respective departments only.
Department of Justice:
Attorney General - All of the Department of Justice
Police Chief, Deputy Police Chief - Vindex Police Department
Drug Enforcement Administration Director - Drug Enforcement Administration
District Attorney - Office of the District Attorney
Department of Defense:
Secretary of Defense- All of the Department of Defense
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff - All of the Department of Defense
Chief of Staff of the Army - Department of the Army
Chief of Naval Operations - Department of the Navy
Defense Intelligence Agency Director - The Defense Intelligence Agency
Vindex Intelligence Agency:
Director of the Vindex Intelligence Agency - The Vindex Intelligence Agency
Deputy Director of the Vindex Intelligence Agency - The Vindex Intelligence Agency
Secretary of the Treasury - The Secret Service
Director of the Secret Service - The Secret Service
Executive Office of the President of Vindex Nation:
President of Vindex Nation - All government departments
Vice-President of Vindex Nation - All government departments
Sub-Clause 2: A full record of all authorized interrogations must be kept, with proof that the interrogation was authorized by the departments respective leader(s).
Article 2: Penalties of Perjury
Section 1: The Penalties of Perjury shall be one jail sentence in the respective state prison, as well as removal from their position(s) in the government for any government employee. Perjury is a provision for any government official to be impeached out of office